By Michael Stewart/@TheTruthNYG
The Giants are now 4-10 with their latest loss to the hands of the Dallas Cowboys 21-6 and have 3 games remaining in the season. Let’s get a look at the current top 10 draft board as we have a new team taking over the #1 spot in the draft.
- Jaguars: 2-12 (Lost to Houston 30-16)
- Lions: 2-11-1 (Beat Arizona 30-12)
- Texans: 3-11 (Beat Jacksonville 30-16)
- Jets: 3-11 (Lost to Miami 31-24)
- Giants: 4-10 (Lost to Dallas 20-6)
- Bears: 4-9 (Giants Pick) Play Minnesota on Tuesday
- Carolina: 5-9 (Lost to Buffalo 31-14)
- Seattle: 5-8 (Jets Pick) Play LA Rams Monday
- Falcons: 6-8 ((Lost to San Francisco-31-13)
- Eagles: 6-7 (Play Washington on Tuesday)
Over the last 3 remaining games it seems to me that Jacksonville, Detroit and Houston will finish ahead of the Giants in the draft. We will focus on four other teams that could determine where the Giants finish in this draft by examining the remaining schedule and project each team’s wins/losses.
- New York Jets (3-11): The Jets strength of schedule (.502) puts them ahead of the Giants should they finish with the same record. Based on their remaining games (Buccaneers/Bills/Jaguars), the odds makers have the Jets winning just one of these games and finishing at 4-13.
- Seattle Seahawks (5-9): The Seahawks strength of schedule (.515) would put them ahead of the Giants as well, if they finish with the exact record. The Seahawks remaining games (Cardinals/Lions/Bears) has them winning two of the three and finishing with a 7-10 record.
- Chicago Bears (4-10): The Bears pick if they finished with the same record as the Giants would be ahead of them as their strength of schedule (.524) is weaker. The Bears remaining games (Giants/Seahawks/Minnesota) has them projected to win just one game and finishing 5-12.
- Carolina Panthers (5-9): The Panthers strength of schedule (.502) is also lower than the Giants and if they share the same record; they will finish ahead of them in the draft order. The Panthers three remaining games are (Saints/Buccaneers two games) and they are projected to win possibly one. But I still believe that game at New Orleans will be a tough one to win. So I’m still projecting them to go winless in their remaining three games and finish at 5-12.
- New York Giants (4-10): The Giants have the easiest strength of schedule among the other four teams (.532) with their remaining games against (Bears/Washington/Eagles). The odd makers now have the Giants going winless without QB Daniel Jones projecting play in 2021. Therefore, finishing at 4-13 is a strong possibility.
This order could certainly change if the Bears should lose against the Vikings, the Seahawks defeat the Rams (Monday) and the Eagles defeat Washington on Tuesday. However, the Giants position would remain the same at #5 and at #6. Keep an eye out as each week as we follow these teams and see how the draft order unfolds as the season comes to an end. The Giants will be playing two of their final three games on the road and thus far this season the Giants are 1-6 away from MetLife Stadium.