The Giants have no plans on changing their approach
According to Paul Schwartz from the New York Post his conversation with Giants General Manger, Jerry Reese would lead you to believe that regardless of the passionate speech given by Giants owner, John Mara regarding change…expect that nothing is going to change.
If you believe that Jerry Reese loves the “reach or stretch” pick in the draft…expect more of same.
If you are of the believe that Jerry Reese does not “go for it” when a dynamic free agent player is staring the team in the face…expect more of that too.
The New York Giants have a ton of money and if they are not active early in the FA process they will be stuck overpaying lower tiered NFL players.
- Expect Malik Jackson to get between 11M & 13M a year from someone
- Expect someone to over pay Prince and he leave the team
- Expect the Giants, Cowboys or Panthers to overpay O. Vernon
- The Giants need 5 to 7 impact players this year to compete – tall order
- With Noah Spence a mess off field – expect Robert Ayers to get paid
– Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2015 Player Contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 9. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 9.
– Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2016 on all players who have option clauses in their 2015 contracts.